When it comes to dangerous gasses, there are so many that could kill you quickly, but most you won’t encounter in your home. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is different, however. It kills many people every year, and it is extra dangerous because it has neither smell nor color, so detecting it relies completely on having a detector installed.
This is why installing a CO detector in any area of your home where there is a risk that the gas is generated is so important.
Carbon Monoxide forms when a fuel-source is burnt with insufficient oxygen. It can easily happen, so the risk should not be ignored.
When you are exposed to Carbon Monoxide, you will soon get dizzy and nauseous, which will make it more difficult to get out of the area. It can kill you in as little as a few minutes, so you shouldn’t try to do anything besides getting yourself and your family to safety.